Sixty Degree Capital Job Board
Associate, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Investments
251 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M2J 4R3
full-time . January 18, 2023
Associate – Technology Investment
Sixty Degree Capital is a premier venture-growth equity fund based in Toronto, Canada. We invest in Series A to Pre-IPO companies in North America, across software innovation, digital infrastructure, biotech and pharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as an associate. In this role, you will work closely with the Investment team and play a key role in conducting technical due diligence on potential investments in the Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning industry. You will be responsible for evaluating technology trends, assessing market opportunities, and evaluating the technical feasibility of potential investments. Additionally, you will leverage your technical expertise and deep connections within the industry to identify and engage with top KOLs for reference calls.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct technical due diligence on potential investments, including assessing the technical feasibility of products and technologies, analyzing market trends and competitive landscape, and identifying key risks and challenges.
- Evaluate potential investments and perform comprehensive research on target markets, industry trends, and regulatory considerations.
- Develop and maintain deep connections within the Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning industry to identify and engage with top KOLs for reference calls.
- Work collaboratively with the Investment team to develop investment recommendations, present findings to senior management.
What you’ll get:
- Purpose: we use venture capital as the way to remove the barrier between now and future
- Founders: we work with some of the smartest, most passionate, most interesting founders in the world
- Investors: we partner with top tier venture capital investors globally to find the next big thing
- Team: we are a group of curious people learning on a day-to-day basis
What we’re looking for:
- A PhD or postdoctoral research experience in a technical field such as computer science/engineering, statistics, or related field.
- Deep connections within the Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning industry, with a strong network of KOLs.
- Proven experience in conducting technical due diligence and evaluating technology products and services.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and assess key risks and challenges.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively present findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
If you are a highly motivated individual with strong technical due diligence skills and deep connections within the Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
How to apply:
Different formats cater to different candidates, so we offer two options to know you better:
Option A: in 500 words or less, please tell us a story about something that’s happened in the last few years that will give us a sense of who you are
Option B: in 500 words or less, please tell us what one company (or category) we should invest in and why
Should you need accommodation during recruitment process, please email us at email@example.com.
$70,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year